Jazz-Matazz your General Music Classroom on October 15
- Sharon Mazion: "Playing With the Elements" Work playfully with each element in this exciting workshop targeted for kids throughout all elementary grades. Ms. Mazion teaches Lower and Middle school students at Breck School in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She presents workshops and teaches courses on composition and improvisation.
- Dr. Kimberly McCord: “Real Jazz-Matazz for your General Music classroom!” Explore the amazing ways that you can integrate jazz music into your curriculum. Dr. McCord is Assoc Prof of Music Ed at ISU. Her books include Strategies for Teaching Technology and Chop Monster Jr. She has presented at conferences in China, Taiwan, Italy, Spain, Malaysia, Norway, Finland, and Canada and thirty-eight states
- Get ready to enjoy the pedagogy of our own members in a chapter share.
- Sarah Hassler: “Sing, Dance, and Play the Orff Way!” Explore the music-making process through an active and creative approach to learning!Sarah Hassler is a music specialist from Carmel, Indiana.She teaches all three Orff-Shulwerk Certification Levels in movement at Anderson and DePaul University.
- Honor’s Day” Invite your students to participate in a morning of workshops that will culminate into a performance at the ISU Performing Art’s Center.