Jazz-Matazz your general music classroom on October 15
- Sharon Mazion:"Playing With the Elements" Join Ms. Mazion as she isolates rhythm, melody and form and works playfully with each element in this exciting workshop targeted for kids throughout all elementary grades.
- Sharon Mazion teaches Lower and Middle school students at Breck School in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In addition to her work with children, Sharon also presents workshops and teaches courses on composition and improvisation. She holds both bachelors and masters degrees in music education and Level III Orff Certification.
- Dr. Kimberly McCord, Illinois State University: “Real Jazz-Matazz for your General Music classroom!” Join Dr. McCord in exploring the amazing ways that you can integrate jazz music into your general music and Orff Shulwerk curriculum. She will share multiple ways that will get your kids excited about “swingin’, scattin’, and groovin’” in a musical way! Come join us for an exciting session that will leave you tapping your feet!
- Kimberly McCord is ISU’s Associate Professor of General Music Education, has taught music for 32 years in Nebraska, Colorado, Connecticut and Illinois, ten years in the Denver Public Schools. The past nine years, she has taught courses at Illinois State University and also coordinated the undergraduate music education program. She has a BM from University of Nebraska at Omaha, an MME and DME from the University of Northern Colorado. She has completed two levels of Orff training.
- Get ready to enjoy the pedagogy of our own members in a chapter share.
- Sarah Hassler: “Sing, Dance, and Play the Orff Way!” Participants are invited to explore a multitude of ways to involve your elementary students in the music-making process through an active and creative approach to learning!